Directions for Making Popsicle Stick Catapults
Pre-work: You can paint the sticks but, you can also buy craft sticks that are already colored or just use plain craft sticks.
Head here to watch the episode.
1. Make a stack of popsicle sticks and rubber band them together on each end.
2. Take two additional popsicle sticks and stack them together. Rubberband them together on just one end.
3. Pull the two popsicle sticks slightly apart and place the larger stack of popsicle sticks in between them.
4. Rubber band the stack of popsicle sticks to just the upper popsicle stick.
5. Rubber band a spoon to the upper popsicle stick.
6. Place a pom pom (or other small launch-able items) onto the spoon.
7. Hold the catapult with one hand, and use the other hand to pull the spoon down. Release the spoon to launch your pom pom!
TIPS: You can set up a tower of plastic cups to aim at, you can built a target, or even launch grapes into the air and into your mouth!
Thanks for watching!
Stop back here for little updates here and there outside of camp week.